Alzheimer’s Australia is the leading charity in Australia for people with all forms of dementia as well as their families and carers.
Their vision is a society committed to the prevention of dementia, and one where those living with dementia are valued and supported.
They are working towards a country where those caring for someone with dementia are confident they’re not alone and know where to go to find help.
They believe that people living with dementia, their families and carers have the right to be treated with dignity, courtesy and respect, to have their feelings validated and their choices and individual beliefs respected, including sensitivity to culture, age, language, location, educational background, and level of impairment of the person using the service.
- provide support services, education and information to families dealing with, or worried about, dementia;
- educate medical practitioners, aged care providers and others who are working with people with dementia;
- train people in customer service roles in how to recognise and assist people with dementia;
- investigate and educate in areas of risk and necessary change;
- advocate for the needs of people living with dementia, and for their families and carers;
Your fundraising efforts through Thinko! will enable Alzheimer’s Australia to continue providing much-needed support services, education and social research.